How to Be Powerful, Unstoppable and Relentless
Wow, I can’t believe it’s been seven months since I have posted a blog post on this site. I have been busy creating tons of meaningful content on my other blog Not Just A Beauty Blogger. It’s been one tough road friends with my infertility journey. This month I celebrated my birthday well, kind of I went right into surgery the next morning, so not that much celebrating happened this year. Does that mean I am not a year older?
I have posted here and there on Fresh Beauty Studio’s blog about my infertility journey. It’s been incredibly draining and challenging which has created this long lag in my beauty posting. IVF is all consuming you are either in or out I wasn’t able to balance my blog schedule, video schedule, clients and go through five IVF cycles last year. My laparoscopy on October 14th resulted in a new and real diagnosis of stage three endometriosis PRAISE THE LORD. I was living with “Unexplained Infertility” for the past three years because not one doctor would schedule me for the laparoscopy surgery. The only reason I had this surgery done was because I fought for it. If you would like to read more on my journey, I recently posted a hot messy timeline of what I have endured from day one here.
OK so with all of that behind me now I can start fresh with a renewed spirit. I feel like a new woman, happy, joyous and back on track. I am thrilled that I don’t have to step foot into another infertility clinic. My infertility experience has taught me never to give up, never stop asking questions, do your research and always to believe in yourself. I was invited to speak this past month in Philidelphia for the annual SPCP (Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals) conference; my lecture was titled How to be Unstoppable and Relentless in your Life. I wanted to share a couple of points from that talk to hopefully inspire you to keep going and pushing yourself forward.
MY TOP TEN TIPS TO BE POWERFUL IN YOUR LIFE
- Sometimes the only way out is through-I have learned that no matter what, you have to go through the pain, journey, situation and not around it. If you stuff all your emotions down it will come and find you, and that’s a fact.
- Effort is 100% choice-Without making any effort you will never move forward to your ultimate goals and dreams.
- Comparison is the thief of joy-Know it, learn it and NEVER compare your life, looks, ability, path, journey to anyone PERIOD.
- Choose to surround yourself with positive people-The people you surround yourself with will either hurt you or help you. Choose people that will lift you up support your dreams.
- Learn the art of listening-Sharpen your awareness when you are in a group or one on one conversation know how much space you take up in that conversation.
- Gratitude-“When you are grateful, fear disappears, and abundance appears.” Anthony Robbins
- Don’t be afraid of failure-. If you “fail” you adjust and keep going.
- Never be jealous or envious of someone else’s accomplishments- Being powerful and unstoppable means you genuinely want what’s best for everyone-even those you would consider your competitors. You are in control of you and you are different from every other person. There is no one who can do exactly what you do.
- Faith-having faith is an inner knowing that things will work out.
- Good Attitude-You are unique, creative, and smart. You walk into a room with your head held high. You choose each morning to wake up and have a good attitude no matter what is going on in your life. You keep the phrase “this too shall pass” close to you. You notice that the days where you put in the effort to have a good attitude that people react in a positive manner. You get more out of life when you have a good attitude.
I found and used this inspirational video in my talk and thought I would share it with you. It’s amazing how much is out there to help us stay focused. You have to want to be powerful and unstoppable no one else can do it for you.
I am so happy to feel like I am back to myself but better. I have taken this infertility journey and let it empower me not hinder my growth. I look forward to sharing more anti-aging tips, product reviews and my thoughts on beauty after forty with you soon. Thank you for your continued support on my blog and in my studio. I have new fresh ideas and videos that I will be sharing with you weekly right here on Fresh Beauty Studio’s blog. I hope How to Be Powerful, Unstoppable and Relentless guide will help you fight back in life.