It was no surprise that I took on WAY more than I should have when it came to DIY for my wedding last month. I thought “What the heck! I can do this what’s the big deal?” OK well, I am here to tell you future brides that it’s a HUGE deal when you take on too much DIY for your wedding! I remember receiving an email from The Knot about the 10 top mistakes that brides make and the number 1 mistake was Overdoing the Do It Yourself projects. OK so I was guilty of this and learned the hard way which will lead me into my other posts of what I did decide to not make and order off of Etsy; a true bridal lifesaver.
I am big into details so it was hard to release projects that I felt I could get done in a resasonable amount of time. My Paris Welcome Bags were a project I really enjoyed and knew my out of town guests would really enjoy.
What was in my Welcome Bags? Here is a list of the goodies.
1. Voluspa Champagne Rose candle (my absolute favorite)
2. Smart Water
3. Advil and band-aids
4. Shhh personalized door hanger (I will blog about where I bought this with pictures)
5. Chocolate covered espresso beans (for extra energy)
7. Gummy Bears in small individual packages (a little sugar is a great pick me up after a long flight)
8. Granola bars
9. Paris Tissues and Kisses Tissues (a great staple for your welcome bag)
10. Paris Welcome Card
11. Pink Tissue paper with handmade Thank You tag
If you have any questions on how to create your own Wedding Welcome Bag or need some creative ideas please comment below.
Plain Tote Bags from Simplicity Creative: www.simplicity.com
Eiffel Tower appliques: Simplicity Creative