Late For Work?
How annoying it is when you think you hit the snooze button only once and turns out that was about an hour ago? I have actually been running around the house getting ready and have thought I put on my makeup only to look in the rear view mirror to notice quite the opposite. Here are my quick easy steps to go from your robe to polished in under 10 minutes. Don’t forget to check out my video below on these easy beauty steps.
At Home: Simple Prepping
1. Bedhead? No worries just mist your hair with a little dry shampoo to soak up all the oil from the night before. Gather hair and create a simple side braid.
3. White Eyes: Not cute to have red blood shot eyes in that very important meeting. Rehydrate dry eyes with eye drops. I love Rohto Ice Drops $6,79 at drugstores.
4. Say Hello to Foundation: Liquid foundation wakes up your tired skin almost instantly. I am on a kick with Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hour wear foundation in 2.1 it’s ultra hydrating and blurs imperfections. My favorite feature; it’s medium to full coverage so you can build on how much coverage you need.
5. Pinched Cheeks: Coral cream blush masks dull skin. Warm up the product in your hands first and apply to just the apples of your cheeks. Do this while you are brushing your teeth for maxim multitasking.
At Your Desk: Polish Up
1. Hide Dullness. Pat a creamy highlighter onto the tops of your cheeks and brow bone, this will attract light to your face and make your cheekbones look higher.
2. K.I.S.B (Keep It Simple Beautiful) with a duel ended shadow liner. I am using Wet & Wild’s Perfect Pair duel shadow pencil. You can create a pulled together eye (shadow and liner) without spending loads of time.
3. Pucker Up: Hydrate with a lip balm first (love EOS lip balms) and pop on a bright cream blush to your lips or finish up with a pink lip gloss.
4. Eyes Wide Open: Don’t forget to add a couple of coats of mascara, I am using Dior Iconic which has a curled wand taking out the extra step of having to curl your lashes with a lash curler.
5. Finish Up: Undo your braid, add a little hairspray to your frizz and texture out with your fingers. You can add a little more dry shampoo to your roots for extra volume.
6. Work Friendly Fragrance: You don’t want to over power yourself or your office with a strong bold scent. A soft sugary low key scent is always welcome. I found Sexual Blush by Michael Germain for $8.99 at Marshall’s, it’s just enough sweetness to wake you up but not give you or your co-workers a headache.